GROW…. through the Food Business Planning Workshop
Ideal for micro, small, and medium-sized food processors looking to improve and/or expand their operations, and farmers looking to create value-added products.
Funded by the Canadian Agricultural Partnership, in partnership with the Small Scale Food Processor Association (SSFPA) and delivered by the Farm Food Drink team of specialists, the Food Processor Business Planning Workshop is a 2-day, 9 module workshop series that covers:
- Business Planning: Crafting a plan that works from start to finish.
- Marketing: Identify, research, and target a niche to maximize sales.
- Product Development: Scaling up recipes for commercial production and develop new products to meet customer needs.
- Financial Planning: Understanding financial statements and make confident decisions.
- Quality Management: Streamlining operations to make a safe and consistent product.
- Packaging: Balancing attractive design with food protection and regulatory standards.
- Production & Costing: Gauging the cost of production, operations, and co-packing.
- Logistics: Basics of procurement, receiving, storage, shipping, and timing.
- Resources & Networking: Resources and networking opportunities in your region.
This 2-day workshop costs $100 +GST per participant and requires you to meet certain eligibility requirements. But in return you get access to industry experts, connect to people in the area, and you keep the 8 modules and exercises covered so that you can take what you worked on and apply it immediately to your business.
Step 1: Is this workshop the right fit for you and your farm or food business? Find out.
Step 2: Sign up below!
Now 50% OFF, use promo code: Quesnel2020
- When: March 14 & 15, 2020
- Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Where: Coast Mountain College, 5331 McConnell Avenue
- Cedar/Trades Building Room 1113
- Is it the right fit?
- REGISTER HERE
- When: January 23 – 24, 2020
- Where: Vancouver Island Visitor Centre
- When: January 28 & 29, 2020
- Where: YVR Prep
- When: February 4 & 5, 2020
- Where: Columbia Valley Chamber of Commerce
- When: February 10 & 11, 2020
- Where: Kamloops United Church