Planning and Growing Your Business
Ag-Food Entrepreneur & Ag-Food Supervisor
Intended for those seeking to start a food processing business or employment in a supervisory role within the Agricultural/Food sector. This series was designed to allow you to upgrade your skills, position and plan for a new career or plan the launch of a new Ag-Food Business. With support from your online instructor and industry professionals, you can complete this FREE online training from your home–that will lead to a career or a business that’s vital and in-demand!
Whether securing food locally, looking for healthy alternatives, ingenuity or unique design; the consumer is driving the demand for home-grown innovation. That being said, why do many food start-ups fall? How can you overcome the challenges and mistakes in the initial start-up phase? This program is designed to give you insight, both personal and professional, and to introduce you to concepts, plans and systems, necessary to grow your idea!
Looking to advance into a supervisory role within the Ag-Food Industry? Looking to supervise and coordinate the activities of a team? learn to keep employees on-task and ensuring the safety and quality of your product is properly grown/sourced, harvested, processed, packaged and/or distributed.
For more information, or to apply visit: Small Scale Food Processor Association or email JEvans@missioncsc.org [/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]
We are currently making plans for more workshops and supporting business with our current crisis. If you would like to stay up to date on current events and workshops, subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
The Food Business Planning Workshop
Ideal for micro, small, and medium-sized food processors looking to improve and/or expand their operations, and farmers looking to create value-added products. This 2-day, 9 module workshop series covers:
- Business Planning: Crafting a plan that works from start to finish.
- Marketing: Identify, research, and target a niche to maximize sales.
- Product Development: Scaling up recipes for commercial production and develop new products to meet customer needs.
- Financial Planning: Understanding financial statements and make confident decisions.
- Quality Management: Streamlining operations to make a safe and consistent product.
- Packaging: Balancing attractive design with food protection and regulatory standards.
- Production & Costing: Gauging the cost of production, operations, and co-packing.
- Logistics: Basics of procurement, receiving, storage, shipping, and timing.
- Resources & Networking: Resources and networking opportunities in your region.
In early 2020, workshops were held in the following locations: