GROW…. through the Agri-food Business Planning Workshop
Ideal for micro, small, and medium-sized food processors looking to improve and/or expand their operations, and farmers looking for value-added.
This 2-day workshop series is presented and funded by the Canadian Agricultural Partnership, a five-year, $3 billion investment by federal, provincial and territorial governments to strengthen the agriculture and agri-food sector.
The workshops, delivered by the Farm|Food|Drink team of specialists, include 8 modules that cover:
- The Business Planning Process: learn the process and structure to plan your food business
- Product Development: learn formulation techniques and how to commercialize your recipes
- Market Access and Analysis: learn the basics of how to research and market your food products
- Quality Assurance: learn the implementation of operational standards
- Financial Planning: learn how to develop and use budgets, forecasts, and financial statements
- Labeling and Packaging: review the keys of package design, regulations, and food protection
- Production Economics: determine the costs of production, operations, and co-packing options
- Logistics: learn the basics of procurement, receiving, storage and shipping
This 2-day workshop costs $100 per participant and requires you to meet certain eligibility requirements. But in return you get access to industry experts, connect to people in the area, and you keep the 8 modules and exercises covered so that you can take what you worked on and apply it immediately to your business.
Step 1: Is this workshop the right fit? Find out.
Step 2: Sign up below!
Richmond, BC – April 9-10th, 2019 (Register Here)